Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action

So just like the coming and going of the seasons, another epic era of employment comes to a cease, making way for an even epicer one. I'm no longer working at Fast Fours & Rotaries, left on great terms to chase bigger dreams of working in film.
It's quite daunting leaving a workplace when you're on such a high. There's many fears and doubts that try to hold you back, after all it's natural to fear anti-climaxes. If you ever find yourself in such a situation, just remember that you're springing from strength to strength. If where you are going is where you're meant to be going, then that's a level up.
I've been working casually at Fox Studios on a Few Best Men in the art department since, as a casual member of the swing gang. It's everything that you'd imagine it to be and then some! Challenging, fun, energetic. However for me it raised a lot of interest in Brutal Prophecy, our graphic novel.
A lot of people at Fox know about our novel now thanks to the world-moving efforts of my partner-in-crime, and thus I'm now on a big vendetta to get my part of this novel done. I've been quite slack and have some work cut out for me. So how's that for a life of a Freeman?
My days are filled with photography, errand running, 3D modelling and the occasional freelance bit of work here and there. It's handy to have your finances under control if you ever find yourself in such a place.
So where to from here? It's time I got my hair cut, had a shave, went for a jog and got my actors portraiture taken so I can finally apply at some talent agents for some extras work. I've been speaking to a few of the photographers at work to see if they can help me out, I might have to talk to a pro.
If you haven't already seen my flickr account, I suggest you do, I'm really enjoying photography and find it my release in my downtime.

Blade Runners

No comments:

Post a Comment